Good Afternoon Walnut Ridge Families,
A few short announcements before the snow storm, so let’s get right to it!
1) Valentine’s Day Event
- Things are not looking good in the weather forecast for tomorrow, and based on the last forecast, it looks like Wednesday could also be questionable. So, if there is a closing OR 2-hour delay on Wednesday, we will move our Valentine’s Day Ice Cream Social to the snow-date of Thursday, February 14. The original times will remain the same.
2) Looking Back
- Last week featured two field trips. On Tuesday our students went to Price Chopper and on Thursday our students went to VTHS to play in CTE centers with the high schoolers. Both trips were very successful. If you are not already following us on Instagram, definitely do that! You will see several photos from each of the trips!
- Thank you to those of you that came to our Q&A session with the representatives from the National Winter Activity Center to discuss March 1st’s ski trip. I have posted some FAQs on our website.
3) Looking Forward
- As you know, there is no school on Monday, February 18th in observance of Presidents’ Day.
- On Monday, February 25th our students will be being fitted for their boots and skis in preparation for the cross country ski trip on Friday, March 1. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will make sure your questions get answered.
- Pre-registration has already begun for Kindergarten and for Pre-K.
- For more information visit the Kindergarten Registration Page HERE or the PreK Registration page HERE.
- NOTE: Any students registering for Kindergarten should not register in Genesis if they attend WR and are already registered with us this year.
5) A Note from Nurse Gallant
- Flu season is upon us. For some parent resources on the flu and how to prevent it click HERE
6) Interesting Articles
- This article stresses the importance of play in Early Childhood Education (CLICK HERE). It reaffirms that we are doing the right thing at WR with our Tools of the Mind curriculum, which is centered in play. It is also an important reminder for us as parents (myself included) to find ways to engage in play more at home, particularly in the winter months when our kids are stuck inside.
- CLICK HERE for “8 Fun Snow Day Activities for Kids”
- Here are some of our recent Instagram photos!
Mr. Joseph S. Piccirillo, Principal