Hello WR Families,
A lot to report on for what may be our last Principal Blog of the year. Here is all the information…
I. Fun Day – Tomorrow
- AM Session: 10:30-12:00
- PM Session: 1:45 – 3:15
- Please remember to dress your children in their Fun Day Shirts
- The weather is calling for 73 degrees and sunny which is great, however please don’t forget to apply sunscreen on your children.
- For more information on Fun Day CLICK HERE
II. Wear White on Thursday!
- In honor of Lexi Faye from Newton, our district will be wearing white on Thursday. Lexi Faye was the Newton High School junior that died in a car accident on May 11 after the prom. For more information about how to donate to her scholarship page and to learn about the other districts joining the “wear white” campaign CLICK HERE.
III. End of the Year FAQs
Back by popular demand, here are the End of the Year – FAQs…
a) What is the last day of school? — TUESDAY JUNE 18
b) Do students get days off for Memorial Day? — YES, THERE WILL BE NO SCHOOL ON FRIDAY, 5/24 AND NO SCHOOL ON MONDAY 5/27
c) Do we have “Early Dismissals” during the final days of school? — YES, ON JUNE 12, 13, 14, 17, and 18 STUDENTS WILL BE DISMISSED EARLY.
d) What is the “Early Dismissal” schedule? — AM: 9:30-11:30; PM: 11:25-1:25
IV. Moving Up Details
- Earlier in May I sent a Moving Up Ceremony letter home. Please find it HERE. In the letter it describes the times for the ceremony and the process for if we have rain.
V. Artstanding is Coming
- On June 7th, from 5-8 pm at Lounsberry Hollow, we will have our 5th annual Artstanding event which showcases all the many wonderful district arts students. Some of the work of our very own WR students will be on display as well. Thank you to Ms. Demsak for preparing the work! Please come and join us for a fun night!
VI. Moving Up Ceremony Boosters
- It was suggested that we offer opportunities for families to write “boosters” that would be included in the graduation program. I like the idea of using it as a WRAP fundraiser. So here is the idea. For $2 you can get 140 characters included in the program. Think of it as the opportunity to write a sentence of encouragement to your little one moving up. If you would like to write a booster, please type up your message, print it and return it with $2 by Wednesday, May 29th. If you would like to do multiple boosters, you can.