Dear Cedar Mountain Families:
As you have read in the School Messenger that was sent to all of you, the Vernon Township School District is changing its school starting and ending times for all schools by 15 minutes later than last school year’s times. Each school will be giving you specific information for all of your children. You will see the new bus stop pick-up time reflected in Genesis when the portal opens on August 16, 2021.
Students at Cedar Mountain will come off buses at 9:35 am daily. Buses will depart the schoolyard at approximately 4:10 pm. Daily pick-up time will be at 3:55 pm if your child does not take the bus. Please keep in mind that in the first week or so of school, buses may run late. You will not see a PM bus drop-off time in Genesis, you will only see the time your child is picked up at the bus stop in the morning. Below are the times for the Regular, Delayed Opening, and Early Dismissal Schedule that can also be found on the Schedule tab of the Cedar Mountain website. Click on the image to increase its size.
Please note… any buses that transport to/from private day/aftercare will follow suit and continue to transport students before/after school.
Please contact the Cedar Mountain main office at 973-764-2890 if you have any questions.
As school approaches, here are a few important dates for the month of August and early September to mark on your family calendar:
- Monday, August 16th- Teacher name and bus information will be available in Genesis
- Thursday, August 26th AND Monday, August 30th – Open House 10:00 am- 12:00 pm- on both of these days, Cedar Mountain Primary School will be open for a visit. Please bring your child, walk the hallways, and help your child locate his or her classroom. Having your child find his or her classroom will ease first day of school transitions. The SCA will also be in the cafeteria to kick off their Spirit Wear fundraiser and will be looking for parents and guardians interested in volunteering for school events. I will also be available to say hello and meet you and your child.
- The building will be closed for visits on September 1-2, 2021, in order for our faculty to give its undivided attention to the important work of preparing for the new school year.
- Back to School Night- Thursday, September 2nd as follows:
3:30 Kindergarten Back to School Night with the following teachers (please bring your child):
Mrs. Czergovits/Mrs. Petti
4:30 Kindergarten Back to School Night with the following teachers (please bring your child):
Mrs. Zinni/Mrs. Bicskei
5:30 First Grade Back to School Night- this program is only for the parents and guardians- please do not bring your child
- First Day of School- Tuesday, September 7th- as a reminder to our kindergarten families, please have your child wear his or her Class of 2034 t-shirt!
- School Picture Day- Wednesday, September 15, 2021- you will receive a flier explaining how you can place your order.
- School will be closed on Thursday, September 16, 2021, for the celebration of Yom Kippur
- Fall Harvest Open House– Saturday, September 18th, 10:00 am to 12:00 pm- come enjoy light refreshments, tour the building, explore our curriculum in demonstrations throughout various classrooms, experience the computer lab as your child would in computer class, visit our library, learn about our curriculum, and stop at stations from different community organizations. This event will be funded by a generous NJEA Pride grant written by the members of the Vernon Township Education Association.
Kindergarten Class of 2034 t-shirts: As a reminder to all kindergarten parents, please have your child wear his or her graduation year t-shirt on the first day of school. This will be a way to promote school spirit and feel welcome in a new school as a new student. Please contact the office if you did not receive a t-shirt. Your child will have opportunities to wear this shirt on many school spirit days this year. It will also serve as a nice memento for you for years to come.
Please reference the Digital Backpack for important district notices as well as information related to Cedar Mountain. You can also access our Parent Handbook for a lot of other important school information. You can also find a list of suggested school supplies for each grade. The Cedar Mountain website contains all of our school information. The links on the left side of the page have many helpful topics.
School Supplies: We encourage our families to not over-buy school supplies. Your child’s classroom teacher will tell you more about school supplies needed at Back to School night. You will have plenty of time to purchase last-minute items before the school year begins. Click here to access our school supply list by grade level.
Parent Organization: Our School and Community Association parent group (the SCA) is looking for volunteers. Come meet the SCA at our Open House on August 26 and August 30th to learn about how you can be involved with our school. You can also email the SCA at:firstname.lastname@example.org. Our first meeting is on Monday, September 13, 2021, at 9:45 am.
INFORMATION ON PARKING AND DROP OFF AT CEDAR MOUNTAIN PRIMARY SCHOOL
Parents that drop off and pick up their child(ren) will be required to park in an available spot in the parking lot OR on Sammis Road and escort your child to either the ramp in the main parking lot or by the front playground. Please be aware that Cedar Mountain Primary School does not have the personnel to supervise students who are dropped off early; therefore, students will only be permitted to enter the building at 9:35 AM when students are dismissed from their bus. If you are picking up your child at the end of the school day, students will be dismissed at the front side door at 3:55 pm. As part of our required chain of custody, you must present proper ID to Mrs. Donovan who will bring your child(ren) to you. No child will be brought to a parent or a family delegate without proper identification. We appreciate your patience as we get to know all of our families that pick up children.
I look forward to seeing you for visits in the coming weeks as you prepare for the new school year. Please reach out to me if you have any questions about the new year.