Dear Cedar Mountain Parents and Guardians:
I hope you are enjoying the summer with your family…as the beginning of the new school year approaches; I am looking forward to opening the doors of Cedar Mountain Primary School to our kindergarten and first-graders on Tuesday, September 7th! For parents of entering kindergarten students, there are still open appointments for a Meet and Greet with me. Here is the link to the Sign Up Genius to select a date and time. Here is a great article for parents about summer reading that you might like to read.
Summer Academic Camp: Students have had a fun month in our Summer Academic Camp where they are practicing many math and literacy skills to help them transition to kindergarten and first grade. Thanks to the wonderful teachers who are working so hard with our students…Mrs. Krops, Mr. Joseph, Mrs. Picariello, Miss Stickle, Mrs. Sweeney, and Miss Alter. Here are some pictures of our students learning…
Throughout the summer, teachers, secretaries, custodians, and maintenance staff have been very busy preparing, cleaning, “polishing”, and preparing the building for the 2021-2022 school year. Here are a few important dates for the month of August and early September to mark on your family calendar:
- Monday, August 16th- Teacher name and bus information will be available in Genesis
- Thursday, August 26th – Open House 10:00- 12:00
- Monday, August 30th- Open House 10:00-12:00- on both of these days, Cedar Mountain Primary School will be open for a visit. Please bring your child, walk the hallways, and help your child locate his or her classroom. Having your child find his or her classroom will ease the first day of school transitions. I will also be available to say hello and meet you and your child.
- The building will be closed for visits on September 1-2, 2021, in order for our faculty to give its undivided attention to the important work of preparing for the new school year.
Back to School Night- Thursday, September 2nd as follows:
3:30 Kindergarten Back to School Night with the following teachers (please bring your child):
Mrs. Czergovits/Mrs. Petti
4:30 Kindergarten Back to School Night with the following teachers (please bring your child):
Mrs. Zinni/Mrs. Bicskei
5:30 First Grade Back to School Night- this program is only for the parents and guardians- please do not bring your child
- First Day of School- Tuesday, September 7th
- Fall Harvest Open House– Saturday, September 18th, 10:00 am to 12:00 pm- come enjoy a light refreshments, tour the building, explore our curriculum in demonstrations throughout various classrooms, experience the computer lab as your child would in computer class, visit our library, learn about our curriculum, and stop at stations from different community organizations
Kindergarten Class of 2034 t-shirts: As a reminder to all kindergarten parents, please have your child wear his or her graduation year t-shirt on the first day of school. This will be a way to promote school spirit and feel welcome in a new school as a new student. Please contact the office if you did not receive a t-shirt. Your child will have opportunities to wear this shirt on many school spirit days this year. It will also serve as a nice momento for you for years to come.
Please reference the Digital Backpack for important district notices as well as information related to Cedar Mountain. You can also access our Parent Handbook for a lot of other important school information. You can also find a list of suggested school supplies for each grade. The Cedar Mountain website contains all of our school information. The links on the left side of the page have many helpful topics.
School Supplies: We encourage our families to not over-buy school supplies. Please access our school supply list here.
Parent Organization: Our School and Community Association parent group (the SCA) is looking for volunteers. Come meet the SCA at our Open House on August 26 and August 30th to learn about how you can be involved with our school. You can also email the SCA at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Our first meeting is on Monday, September 13, 2021, at 9:45 am.
I look forward to seeing your child soon!