Happy Friday, GMMS Parents and Guardians!
It’s August! Once again, we are writing to share some important information with you and your child(ren) as we excitedly prepare for the 2021-2022 school year! Throughout the month of August and the 2021-2022 school year, the GMMS Administrative Team will be sending out a weekly message each Friday.
Important GMMS Dates to Remember:
- Monday, August 16, 2021 – Schedules will be released on Genesis at 3:00 pm. Parents/Guardians must fill out all forms in the Genesis Parent Portal before schedules will be viewable to parents/guardians and students.
- Tuesday, August 17, 2021 – 6th Grade Parent/Guardian and Student Orientation at 6:00 pm at Glen Meadow Middle School. Please join us for an informative evening in which parents/guardians and students will have the opportunity to meet the GMMS administration, tour Glen Meadow Middle School, hear from current students in a Q&A session, and learn about our amazing after-school activities. The GMMS SCA and Vernon Coalition will be in attendance as well. We look forward to you joining us! Please read the Immunization Letter HERE for all incoming 6th-grade students.
- Thursday, August 26, 2021, and Friday, August 27, 2021 – Parents/Guardians and students may stop in at any time between 10:00 am and 12:00 pm for the Glen Meadow Middle School Open House. Students are welcome to walk their schedules and learn the layout of the building. Please stop in and say hello to Mrs. Van Orden and Dr. Kosek!
- Wednesday, September 22, 2021 – Parents and Guardians are invited to attend the Glen Meadow Middle School Back to School Night at 6:30 pm. Join us for an informative evening with the GMMS faculty and staff. We look forward to seeing you at BTSN!
- GMMS Clubs and Activities – Glen Meadow Middle School offers over 25 engaging and enriching after-school clubs and activities to students in grades 6, 7, and 8. Please click HERE for more information.
- School Supply List – The Glen Meadow Middle School Basic School Supply List is accessible in the Digital Backpack or you may go directly to the list by clicking HERE.
- GMMS Daily Schedule – VTSD schools will be starting 15 minutes later this year, thus GMMS students will be arriving at approximately 8:20 am with a bus dismissal/vehicle release time of 8:23 am. At the conclusion of the school day, students will be dismissed at 3:10 pm with buses departing at 3:15 pm.
- Follow us on Twitter! Glen Meadow Middle School is now on Twitter. Please go to https://twitter.com/GMMSVikings and follow us to see all of the amazing happenings at GMMS as the school year unfolds!
- Friday Meal Pick-Up in August – Healthy and Nutritious Meals available for all children ages 18 and under. Please click HERE for more information.
- Volunteer Opportunity – If your child is interested in helping stain the 3.2 miles of fence at Maple Grange Park, please contact Mrs. Van Orden at email@example.com. Volunteers are needed from Monday, August 23rd through Wednesday, August 25th. If interested, we will share your child’s name with the committee organizing this event and they will be in touch with you regarding the details. A special thank you to those who have already offered to help!
As always, if there is anything we can do for you or your child(ren), please do not hesitate to contact us. #TheGlenMeadowWay
Jacquelyn M. Van Orden and Eric W. Kosek