RHPS Principal’s Blog – April, 2018
Rolling Hills Primary School Calendar Update/Changes
I did notice that the crocus and daffodils are starting to peak through our spring snowfalls and the weather forecasters are now saying the warmer weather of Spring will start kicking in during the second half of April (fingers crossed). I realize the significant number of emergency closings during this winter season has impacted families in many different ways and I would once again like to thank everyone for your understanding and support when the need to close or delay the opening of the school due to road conditions and weather presented itself.
Please note that as a result of the number of snow days used there have been a few calendar changes.
- The third marking period has been extended until April 12th
- As of this writing, the last day for Rolling Hills students will be June 27th
- High School graduation will be on Friday, June 22nd (last day for High School students will be June 28th).
In addition, the dates for our 2nd and 3rd grade field days have changed:
- 2nd grade field day will now be on May 24th with a June 1st rain date.
- 3rd grade field day will now be on May 22nd with a May 30th rain date.
Other significant dates to note:
- April 13th – Arbor Day seedling distribution to all 2nd and 3rd graders
- May 8th – Friday May 18th : PARCC Testing (third grade only)
- May 8th, 9th and 10th : ELA (Friday May 11th make-up testing)
- May 14th, 15th, 16th and 17th : Math (Friday May 18th
- May 24th : 3rd Grade Field Trip
May 30th and May 31st : 2nd Grade Field Trip