Dear Parents and Guardians,
The purpose of the communiqué is to share with you Lounsberry Hollow’s end of the school year “close out” procedures for “pick-up” and “drop off” of students’ personal belongings and our school’s property.
LH will be returning your students’ belongings from classrooms, lockers, respective gym lockers (in the case of Grade 5 students only) and artwork, …..on the below dates, at the designated times:
Monday, June 1, 2020 (8:00 am to 10:30 am)
Homeroom Pick-Ups: Mr. Ferrara; Mr. Galante; Mr. Griffin; Mrs. Kenerson; and Mrs. Rizzo
Monday, June 1, 2020 (11:30 am- 2:00pm)
Homeroom Pick-Ups: Mrs. Jensen; Mrs. Sargent; Mrs. Tintle; Mrs. Weinreb and Mr. Wilson
Tuesday, June 2, 2020 (8:00 am- 10:30 am)
Homeroom Pick-Ups: Mrs.. Bruning; Mrs. Carlson; Mrs. Elmo; Mrs. Reed and Mrs. Scott
Tuesday, June 2, 2020 (11:30 am- 2:00pm)
Homeroom Pick-Ups: Mrs. Smarth-Meichsner; Mrs. Sorensen; Mrs. Sousa; Mrs. Sparta; and Mr. Zschack
Any parents/guardians who are unable to pick-up students’ belongings on the above designated dates due to scheduling conflicts may pick these items up on Wednesday, June 3, 2020, between 10:00 am and 12:00 pm, following the same procedures below:
For everyone’s health and safety, please strictly adhere to the following instructions:
- Pull up your vehicle in one of two designated rows to the front curbside entrance of Lounsberry Hollow (parallel to LH’s gym);
- Please do not get out of your vehicle;
- Upon your arrival, please identify your child’s name and homeroom teacher’s name to the designated staff member, who will be there to greet you;
- Please pop open your trunk;
- Please hand any return items (egs. Grade 5 math and science books; Grade 5 “Flying Solo” novels; library books; and any other school items you may have to the designated LH staff member);
- We will not be receiving any school musical instruments or Chromebooks that your child has at home at this time;
- A LH staff member will place your child’s personal belongs that will be in a plastic bag in your trunk and close it; and
- We will wave “so long” and you are on your way.
Please strictly adhere to the following further requests:
- There will be no parent, student or passenger access to the school;
- We will not be having any social conversations;
- There will be no parking permitted on pick-up/drop off days;
- Simply drive-up, pick-up/drop off items, as needed, and leave the LH driveway;
- Any leftover items that remain at LH after Wednesday, June 3 (pick-up/drop off days) will remain in the LH gym. You will need to call Lounsberry Hollow after June 3 to arrange pick-up later in the summer;
- Any parents who need to pick-up medications from the health office may do so on Monday, June 8 between the hours of 10:00 am and 12:00 pm, following the above procedures when doing so.
Thanks for your anticipated cooperation regarding Lounsberry Hollow’s end of the school year closeout procedures.
Dennis J. Mudrick