It is hard to believe that we are beginning to close out a school year, which has again tested our entire community to a degree that I never believed was imaginable. Over the last year, Rolling Hills has remained focused on providing rewarding and successful learning experiences for everyone and our outstanding instructional staff has provided many meaningful learning experiences and activities for your children.
I would like to thank the Rolling Hills SCA for all their continued support and help in providing our students with the resources for several programs throughout the school year. I would also like to extend a big THANK YOU to our parents/guardians. Your support and encouragement have been invaluable to our student’s educational success and growth during these last couple of years.
RH Summer Acceleration Program
Again this year, Rolling Hills Primary School will be offering a Summer Acceleration Program, the Summer RHAP 2022, for incoming 2nd and 3rd grade students. The program is free of charge and open to all students who are attending Rolling Hills next school year.
The goal of The RHAP (Rolling Hills Acceleration Program) is to create a structured learning program where students accelerate their academic and social skills through engaging in hands-on learning experiences centered on teamwork and collaboration to support the development of the whole-child.
The RHAP has been designed to be a fun and exciting program. Dedicated educators will provide ample opportunities to accelerate grade level academic and social skill development. Altogether, the RHAP will be a fusion of a traditional summer camp program combined with stimulating and engaging activities.
Important RHAP Information:
- Enrollment in the RHAP is open to all incoming 2nd and 3rd grade students on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- The RHAP will run for two weeks: July 11-15 and July 18-22 from 9:00am to 12:00pm.
- You may sign up your child for one week, at first. Pending interest, we may be able to offer your child the opportunity to come both weeks of the program!
- Transportation will not be provided; therefore, parents/guardians are responsible for student drop-off and pick-up.
Please click the link below in order to sign up your child for one of the weeks we are having the program. Registration is open through June 17th.
Finally, as we move into the summer, I would like to bring to your attention to another very valuable; but often under-utilized summer resource, the Sussex County Library. http://sussexcountylibrary.org
Free Online Resources
There is a wide variety of free, online resources you can access; however some due require a library card (apply online!)
eBooks and eAudiobooks
- cloudLibrary – Read thousands of eBooks and eAudiobooks on your mobile device or computer.
- hoopla Digital – Instant access to ebooks, audiobooks, comics, graphic novels, kids books and more!
- TumbleBooks – Includes unlimited and unrestricted access to TumbleBooks Classic, TumbleMath, TeenBookCloud, & AudioBookCloud.
As many of you are aware, I will be retiring this year and I would like to take this opportunity not only to wish everyone a safe and healthy summer; but also many productive and rewarding years in the Vernon Township Schools.