The membership of a Board of Education member shall terminate immediately upon:
1. The cessation of the member’s bona fide residency in the school district the member represents; or
2. The member’s election or appointment to the office of mayor or member of the governing body of VernonTownship; or
3. The member’s disqualification from voting pursuant to N.J.S.A. 19:4-1; or
4. The member’s conviction for false swearing for having falsely affirmed or declared that he/she is qualified to vote;
5. The removal of the member by the Commissioner of Education; or
6. Recall of a Board member pursuant to N.J.S.A. 19:27A-1 et seq.
A member who fails to attend three consecutive regular meetings of the Board without good cause may be removed from office on the affirmative votes of a majority of the remaining Board members, provided that:
1. The member’s removal was proposed at the immediately previous Board meeting; and
2. Notice of the proposed removal was given to the affected member at least five days in advance of the meeting at which the vote will be taken.
N.J.S.A. 18A:12-2; 18A:12-3; 18A:12-29
N.J.S.A. 19:27A-1 et seq.
Adopted: 21 April 2005