The observation and evaluation of support staff members will be conducted by the employee’ immediate supervisor or the Principal, as specified by the Assistant Superintendent for Personnel and Policy.
B. Evaluation criteria
Evaluation criteria for each position will derive from the job responsibilities for the position.
C. Collection of evaluation data
Data will be gathered any one or more of the following evaluation methods:
1. Direct observation of the support staff member in the course of performing an assigned duty;
2. Interviews of the support staff member regarding his or her knowledge of assigned duties; and
3. Reference to previous performance reports.
D. Observation frequency
1. Support staff members on a probationary status will be evaluated at least within the probationary period of sixty days.
2. Support staff members on a post-probationary status will be evaluated at least once annually.
E. Evaluation procedures
1. The employee and the evaluator shall hold a conference to discuss the evaluation report during which the evaluator shall point out both the weaknesses and strengths of the employee.
2. Both the evaluator and the employee shall sign each copy of the evaluation report. By signing the evaluation report the employee implies only that he or she has read and understands the document.
3. The employee may prepare a written disclaimer to the evaluation report which will be appended to the report provided it is received by the evaluator not more than two days following the conference.
4. The evaluator shall distribute copies of the evaluation report to the Assistant Superintendent for Personnel and Policy.
Issued: 21 April 2005