The Board of Education believes that pupils should commit themselves to learning and to the development of their unique potential. Pupils should know that their attitudes and acts affect both their own and their classmates’ learning and should accept responsibility for helping to create a positive school environment. With the support and assistance of school staff members and parent(s) or legal guardian(s), all pupils can contribute to the effectiveness of the schools and the value of their education.
The Board expects all pupils in this school district, commensurate with their age and ability, to:
1. Prepare themselves mentally and physically for the process of learning;
2. Respect the person, property, and intellectual and creative products of others;
3. Take responsibility for their own behavior;
4. Use time and other resources responsibly;
5. Share responsibilities when working with others;
6. Meet the requirements of each course of study;
7. Monitor their own progress toward school objectives; and
8. Communicate with parent(s) or legal guardian(s) and appropriate school staff members.
The Superintendent shall, in consultation with staff members, parent(s) or legal guardian(s), and, where appropriate, pupils, develop a statement of specific pupil behaviors that exemplify these expectations and shall publish both this policy and the statement of behaviors to all pupils, parent(s) or legal guardian(s), and professional staff members.
Adopted: 21 April 2005