The Board of Education shall adopt job descriptions for the positions of Superintendent, School Business Administrator/Board Secretary, Assistant Superintendent for Personnel/Policy, and each supervisory position. The Superintendent shall prepare, approve, and disseminate to the Board job descriptions for all other employment positions created by the Board.
All job descriptions will be written and will be based on the outcome and process goals developed by the Board and, as appropriate to the position, on program objectives. Each job description will specify:
1. The qualifications and specific certificate and endorsement required for the position;
2. The function, duties, and responsibilities of the position;
3. The extent and the limits of the position holder’s authority;
4. The work relationships between the position holder and other employees of the district; and
5. Any background experiences, personal qualities, and individual achievements that the Board prefers in a person appointed to the position.
Job descriptions will be reviewed periodically.
N.J.A.C. 6:3-1.4; 6:3-4.3; 6:11-4.6; 6:3-5.1
Adopted: 21 April 2005