The Board of Education recognizes the vital role played by parent(s) or legal guardian(s) and other residents of the district in assuring the children of this district a thorough and efficient system of education. By October 30 of each year, the Superintendent shall submit a Quality Assurance Annual Report (QAAR) to the Department of Education and present the QAAR to the public at a regular Board of Education meeting.
1. The status of all capital projects in the district’s approved LRFP then in effect;
2. The maximum permitted amount of the district’s capital reserve account calculated pursuant to N.J.A.C. 6A:26-9.1(d);
3. Implementation of school-level plans;
4. Achievement of performance objectives;
5. Each school report card, including pupil performance results and pupil behavior data;
6. Professional development activities;
7. Condition of the school facilities;
8. Status of mandated program reviews;
9. Community support data; and
10. The assignment plan for certified and non-certified nurses developed by the district and approved by the Board pursuant to N.J.A.C. 6A:16-2.1(f).
By November 15 of each year, the Superintendent shall submit a copy of the annual QAAR to the County Superintendent.
In accordance with N.J.A.C. 6:8-2.2(c), over a seven-year period, the district will document community support through the following components:
1. A review of demographic data;
2. A community survey;
3. Identification of available resources and linkages to social service agencies;
4. Strategies to overcome any community and environmental conditions that hinder learning;
5. Methods to eliminate any barriers to community participation;
6. Planned level of community involvement; and
7. Strategies for parental involvement and parent-teacher interaction.
The Superintendent shall prepare a summary of the QAAR for distribution at the regular meeting when the QAAR is presented to the Board and the public. Copies of the QAAR and/or the summary will be available to the public subsequent to the regular Board meeting in accordance with Board policy on public records.
The Board will invite public discussion on issues related to the QAAR and members of the public will be heard in accordance with Bylaw No. 0167 on public participation in Board meetings.
N.J.S.A. 10:4-6 et seq. N.J.S.A. 47:1A-1 et seq. N.J.A.C. 6:8-2.1 et seq.
Adopted: 20 December 2004