R2460 SPECIAL EDUCATION – TRANSITION FROM EARLY
INTERVENTION PROGRAMS TO
Children with disabilities participating in early intervention programs (EIP) assisted under IDEA Part C who will participate in preschool programs under N.J.A.C. 6A:14-1.1 et seq. will experience a smooth transition and will have an Individualized Education Program (IEP) developed and implemented according to N.J.A.C. 6A:14-3.3(e) and N.J.A.C. 6A:14-3.7.
Procedure for Child Study Team (CST) Member Attendance at the Preschool Transition Planning Conference
- The district will make available a CST member to participate in the preschool transition planning conference arranged by the designed Part C service coordinator from the early intervention system and will:
- Review the Part C Individualized Family Service Plan for the child;
- Provide the parent(s) written district registration requirements;
- Provide the parent(s) written information with respect to available district programs for preschool students, including general education placement options; and
- Provide the parent(s) a form to use to request that the Part C service coordinator be invited to the child’s initial IEP meeting.
- The district will work collaboratively with the EIP designated Part C service coordinator or early intervention system to eliminate barriers regarding meeting times and locations.
- School district officials shall adhere to all procedures contained in N.J.A.C. 6A:14-1.1 et seq. for transitioning children with disabilities from EIP to preschool programs.
- The Part C service coordinator shall be invited to the initial IEP meeting for a student transitioning from Part C to Part B.
Adopted: May 2017