The receiving school will ensure that the length of the school day and academic year shall be as long as that established for nondisabled pupils in accordance with N.J.A.C. 6A:14-4.1(c) and must include at least four hours of actual school work instruction in accordance with N.J.A.C. 6A:14-7.6(i).
A. Procedures to Ensure The Length Of The School Day And Academic Year Are As Long As That Established For Nondisabled Pupils
1. The receiving school will ensure that the length of a school day and academic year is consistent with a sample daily schedule and school calendar from one of their sending school districts and must reflect the appropriate age/grade level for those pupils who attend the receiving school (e.g. elementary, middle, and/or high school).
2. The receiving school will maintain documentation of the school calendar of the sending district, along with the receiving school’s calendar, to ensure compliance.
3. The receiving school will maintain documentation of a sample pupil daily schedule from a sending school district, along with a sample of the receiving school’s daily schedule, to ensure compliance.
4. The receiving school will not include shortened school days in its daily schedule or calendar unless such days are reflected in the sending school sample daily schedule and/or school calendar.
5. Any shortened school days for an individual pupil will be implemented, as needed on an individual basis, and must be reflected in each pupil’s Individualized Education Program (IEP).
Adopted: February 2011
Revised: September 2012
Issued: September 2012