R2460.15 SPECIAL EDUCATION – IN-SERVICE TRAINING NEEDS FOR
PROFESSIONAL AND PARAPROFESSIONAL STAFF
The in-service training needs for professional and paraprofessional staff who provide special education, general education, or related services will be identified and appropriate in-service special education training will be provided by the district.
The district will maintain information to demonstrate its efforts to:
- Prepare general and special education personnel with the content knowledge and collaborative skills needed to meet the needs of children with disabilities;
- Enhance the ability of teachers and others to use strategies, such as behavioral interventions, to address the conduct of students with disabilities that impedes the learning of students with disabilities and others;
- Acquire and disseminate to teachers, administrators, Board members, and related services personnel, significant knowledge derived from educational research and other sources and how the district will, if appropriate, adopt promising practices, materials, and technology;
- Insure that the in-service training is integrated to the maximum extent possible with other professional development activities; and
- Provide for joint training activities of parents and special education, related services, and general education personnel.
Adopted: May 2017